[Gpg4win-users-en] Release planning (2.0.0rc1 and 2.0.0)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jun 24 17:02:58 CEST 2009

Sorin,

Am Mittwoch, 24. Juni 2009 16:06:19 schrieb Sorin Srbu:
> A little feedback: I tested this between my work mail account using Outlook
> 2007 and GPG4win 2 and my gmail-account on a machine running WinXP SP3 US
> English, Outlook 2003 and GPG4win 1.1.4.. I used keys created previously
> with Gpg4win 1.1.3.. No Exchange-servers involved. All software at their
> latest service pack level and all critical and recommended fixes installed.

> The RC1 release seems to work fine, except for some quirks

thanks for the testing and the nice feedback!

> with "Leave
> message open when processing done" that I have to uncheck every time I send
> an encrypted mail.

Can you describe this problem in more detail?
Using OpenPGP or S/MIME?

> Also I can't seem to get the background gpg4win programs
> to run all English menus; I get mixed English and Swedish menus for some
> reason. In either case I can't find any preferences page to set this.

Are there any setting for Swedish on your machine?
(BTW, it might be that some parts are not yet translated to Swedisch, thus a
mixure.)

> Cleopatra seems to be running smoothly once it's been started up properly.
>
> Almost all settings are Greek to me in the sub programs (I don't speak
> Greek as it were 8-}), compared to WinPT et al with Gpg4win 1.1.4 and
> 1.1.3.. It might be a learning curve though. The novice manual offered some
> help but I think I need more than that, this is not critical in any way.

Greek? Wow. So you have English, Swedish and Greek mixiup?
Can you give an example for such a dialog?
In what language does the command.exe's gnupg2.exe and gpg-conf.exe
speak to you?

> I got some errors initially because I use a S/MIME signature to digitally
> sign all my mails. Disabling this when I send an encrypted mail, solved the
> problem.

But you are still able to sign with S/MIME, aren't you?

> So far so good. Have sent a few test mails to an colleague of mine outside
> of the university to see if he also can see/unencrypt the mails properly.
> Will be back with more feedback then.

Wonderful, thanks again,