[Gpg4win-users-en] Release planning (2.0.0rc1 and 2.0.0)

Emanuel Schütze emanuel at intevation.de
Mon Jun 29 10:25:30 CEST 2009

Hi Sorin,

On 25.06.2009 09:09, Sorin Srbu wrote:
> Just after pressing Send on my mailer I get a pop-up saying message
> successfully encrypted and a close button. I press this close button, then
> minimize Outlook to continue work, and there behind is some kind of status
> window which at the bottom has a checked checkbox saying "keep window open
> when done processing" or some such. I found some settings in Kleopatra I
> think it was that offered "keep more silent" on several tabs. I checked
> them all to see if they did anything. This was while Gpg4win, ie OpenPGP.

The option "keep window open when done processing" is related to the current
process only (e.g. during encryption of big files/attachments you can uncheck
this option to close the Kleopatra dialog automatically).
An option for "keep more silent" during sign/encrypt process doesn't exists in
gpg4win 2.0.0-rc1. But it's on our wish list, too. Could be a new feature for
gpg4win 2.0.x. Help or financing welcome.

> You're misunderstanding, I don't want the Swedish menus, I want it
> all-english. My system is otherwise all-english as well. It's a university
> thing where eg Indian or Chinese Phd-students or postdocs wouldn't be able
> to make head or tail of a Swedish Windows, so we run all-english OS and
> supporting software. 8-)

Please give us an example which menus not translated correctly on your system.
(Do you mean Kleopatra?)

> >In what language does the command.exe's gnupg2.exe and gpg-conf.exe
> >speak to you?

Do you have check the language of gpg2 and gpg-conf?

> This morning when I started Outlook, it froze. Force-quitting it solved the
> problem of course. When I started it again, it reported that the gpgol
> addin caused a problem and would I like to disable it. I chose yes, and
> outlook started fine afterwards. While in outlook, I enabled the addin
> again and closed outlook then tried starting it again. Gpgol blew up again.
> It's now disabled, and gpg4win is non-functional. This has happened
> frequently with earlier versions of gpg4win, eg versions 1.1.3, 1.1.4, the
> 1.1.9 betas and now the 2.0 RC1. This seems to only happen with outlook
> 2007.

Thanks for your report. Currently we can't reproduce it. But we'll do some
more special test cases with 2.0.0-rc1 and Vista/OL2007. If you have more
details for us please let us know. Thanks!

Best regards
Emanuel

--
Emanuel Schütze  |  ++49-541-33 50 83 - 746  |  http://www.intevation.de/