[Gpg4win-users-en] Sign emails in Outlook with Word as email editor

kmailuk at googlemail.com kmailuk at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 7 15:35:49 CEST 2009

Hi. I am new to Gpgwin/Gpgol. I am running the latest version 2.0.1 on a Windows XP Pro machine with Outlook 2003.

I would like to sign some of my outgoing emails but I am not sure how to do this when Word is my default email editor.  I like using this editor as I like the spell-check which is not available when I use a plain editor.

One option appears to be to select in the Gpgol options to "Sign new messages by default".  However, if there is a particular message which I do not want to sign it does not appear to be possible to send the message without signing it.  This option appears to require a key for all new emails and does not give the option to send without signing.  This would be a useful feature.

Better yet, can anyone tell me if it is possible to use Word as the email editor in Outlook and to sign the outgoing email?

Thanks,
Ken