[Gpg4win-users-en] / Gpg4win 2.0.0. spanish installer bug / GpgEX hangs Explorer / not decipher symmetric encrypt
rectoria at hanaq.org
Sun Sep 27 03:20:34 CEST 2009
Hello. I've installed Gpg4win 2.0.0 and I have found some issues. I use
a Lenovo ThinkPad T400, WXP SP 3:
* The spanish installer displays a wrong message if version 1.1.4 is
already installed. The installer says:
"Una versión de Gpg4Win ya se encuentra instalada en este sistema.No
habrá problema si instala y por ende, sobreescribe esta versión.
¿Desea continuar con la instalación?"
"A version of Gpg4Win is already installed in this system. There will be
no problem if you install and therefore overwrite this version. Do you
want to continue?"
This is wrong. The english installer says:
"An old version 1.1.4 has already been installed. It is strongly
recommended to deinstall previous versions on major upgrades.
Do you want to continue installing Gpg4win 2.0.0 anyway?"
Then the right translation may be:
"Una versión anterior 1.1.4 ya se encuentra instalada en este sistema.
Recomendamos muy especialmente desinstalar las versiones anteriores
cuando se trata de actualizaciones importantes. ¿Quiere continuar de
todas formas la instalación de Gpg4win 2.0.0?"
* Windows Explorer hangs when I try to decrypt or encrypt a file with
GpgEX right click. I need to terminate the Explorer window and then I
can see the dialog for encrypt/decrypt (Kleopatra). This is a little
problem because only occurs the first time I use GpgEX. The next times
all is OK. But if I shutdown Kleopatra, the next time I use GpgEX the
problem recurs (only the first time).
* Another problem is that Kleopatra (and gpg.exe on command line too)
can't decipher files symmetricaly encrypted with GpgEE (with Gpg4win
1.1.4) when the password contains accented characters. For example if I
encrypt a file with the password "ma" with GpgEE Kleopatra can decipher
it. But if I use "má" Kleopatra can't decipher it. However if I open a
DOS window and encrypt the file with the GPG command line included with
gpg -c [file]
using the password "má" then I can decipher it with Kleopatra or GpgEX.
This is the main problem for me. I don't know if I am wrong using the
software or there is a bug and I need to decipher my files with Gpg4win
1.1.4 and then encrypt with Gpg4win 2.0.0 using the same password.
More information about the Gpg4win-users-en