[Gpg4win-users-en] How to import my private key?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 4 11:54:46 CET 2010

Am Montag, 21. Dezember 2009 11:32:06 schrieb Kurt Häusler:
> Hi, I generated my key pair years ago on linux, with GnuPG v1.4.9. I
> have is as an .asc file.
>
> Now I wish to import it into gpg4win if possible.
>

> I tried to use GPA and it simply reads the key without importing it.

Gpg4win includes a full GnuPG2, so you can for sure import your
(public) certificates and secret keys for both OpenPGP and S/MIME.
Can you tell more about what you are trying to archive?
Import your certificate or the secret key also?

When in doubt you could even use the command line
(gpg2.exe) and use all instructions you can find for GnuPG about migrating a
secret key. Please also state the Gpg4win version you are using.

> Also is it possible to change the language once it is installed? (I
> have a German OS, but chose English when installing it, but the
> programs appear in German. Which I can read, but I would prefer
> English.)

As far as I know the applications will detect the language that the operating
system is using. There are ways for sure to change the language of only the
Gpg4win applications, but I do not have them at hand.

Best,