[Gpg4win-users-en] Adele utf-8 error (Re: error)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jan 21 10:48:16 CET 2010

Am Freitag, 15. Januar 2010 23:59:19 schrieb Tang, Jayne M:
> I am getting "error in operation result: no valid UTF-8 at position 42"
> when I try to decrypt Adele's message.
>
> Anyone know the fix to this?  I googled it and found where it had happened
> before, but no one posted fix...looked like they gave up and installed
> something else.

Note that we do not control Adele and it is not Free Software.

Am Dienstag, 8. September 2009 17:43:02 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> We still use the friendly email robot "adele" in our documentation
> however this is unfree software that we have not control over.
>
> See http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-de/2007-March/000149.html
> where someone asks about utf-8 support and Werner answered.

The developers started a small initiative to get a replacement done eventually
http://lists.wald.intevation.org/pipermail/gpg4win-devel/2009-September/000869.html

The above problem looks like an adele issue, not a Gpg4win2 problem.
So just ignore it for your usage of Gpg4win2 for now.

Best,