[Gpg4win-users-en] Kleopatra and Elgamal 4,096 bit key length?

spencerforhire spencerforhire at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 14:29:34 CEST 2010

I've been using GPG on OS X for a while and one of the default Elgamal
key lengths (per GPG Keychain Access) is 4,096 bits and there is no
option for 3,072 bits.  I just installed Gpg4win and noticed Kleopatra
doesn't offer a 4,096 bit key length, the largest is 3,072 bits.

I will be communicating with others who will be in this same situation
(using GPG on both OS X and Windows) so I'm looking for advice on the
best way to deal with this - fixing the key length options on OS X to
provide a 3,072 bit key or Windows to provide 4,096?

Thanks for the help!