[Gpg4win-users-en] How to remove passphrase from GPG key?

Jay Sullivan notfed at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 22:33:26 CEST 2011

I have to perform unattended encryption and decryption using Gpg4Win.  The
fact that it pops up a pinentry dialog to request a passphrase makes this
impossible.  I have come to the conclusion that I have one of two choices:
(1) seed the agent ahead of time with gpg-preset-passphrase, or (2) don't
use a passphrase.

I've attempted to use gpg-preset-passphrase, and I run into errors (“problem
with the agent” +  “caching passphrase failed: Invalid response”). Not being
able to figure this out, I've decided I don't want to deal with this and
would rather just remove the passphrase.

How do I remove a passphrase from a Gpg4Win key? Is there a way to do this
from Kleopatra?  If I must do it from the command line, where are the keys
located?

--
Jay Sullivan