[Gpg4win-users-en] How to edit gpg.conf? - Solved.

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Tue May 10 05:34:34 CEST 2011

Faramir wrote on 5/9/11 5:50 PM:
>>   And how can it be edited?

Sorry for not explaining it. I thought the answer was so obvious, that
nobody in the list cared to answer.

In the DOS prompt I found the path to the gnupg home directory, in the
output of
gpg --version

I could then follow and access graphically gpg.conf, which I opened and
edited with Windows 7 Note Pad (I'm not sure that's the correct name of
the application, I am typing this answer on my MacBook, while the Acer
Desktop where I run Windows 7 is turned OFF in another room).

I'm still having a problem with Thunderbird 3.1.10 and Enigmail 1.1.2
not recognizing the option:
personal-digest-preferences SHA512  , neither for that matter
personal-digest-preferences SHA256
(only one option is enabled at a time)
digest is always SHA1

This surprised me, because in this Mac, any of those options works
impeccably.

The original master key is 1024 bit only, but it has a sign-only RSA
subkey of 2048 bits that enables using a digest that's higher than SHA1.

Under Windows 7 I am running gpg4win 2.1.0.
Under MacOSX 10.6.7 I am running MacGPG2-2.0.17

As I indicated in the first post on this topic, I am using gpg4win for
learning purposes only, basic knowledge.

Best regards.
Charly