[Gpg4win-users-en] KeePass 2 problem

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Apr 23 21:08:55 CEST 2012

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 20:18, dgboles at gmail.com said:

> the password window prompt. Nor can I copy & paste the password in the
> password window prompt.

This is on purpose.  GnuPG has its own agent which takes care of caching
passphrases.  Not allowing to paste stuff makes it a little bit harder
for malware to do evil things.  This is a the good old crypto procedure
to put all your secrets into one place and watch them very carefully.
keepass would be a second place to watch.

Yes, I know GnuPG is missing a persistent store for passphrases.  I am
working on that, though.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner