[Gpg4win-users-en] FW: Kleopatra 2.1.0 installation not properly installed

Lawrence Berlinski lawrenceberlinski at northportfinancial.com
Tue Jan 17 15:30:11 CET 2012

Resend per Bernhard Reiter request

-----Original Message-----
From: Lawrence Berlinski [mailto:lawrenceberlinski at northportfinancial.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 2:22 PM
To: 'Bernhard Reiter'
Subject: RE: [Gpg4win-users-en] Kleopatra 2.1.0 installation not properly installed

I got no error message when I ran gpgsm.exe --help from the command line. Here is what I got:

[snip]
C:\Documents and Settings\Lawrence Berlinski>gpgsm.exe --help gpgsm (GnuPG) 2.0.12 (Gpg4win 2.0.1) libgcrypt 1.4.4 libksba 1.0.7 Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Home: c:/gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Cipher: 3DES, AES, AES192, AES256, SERPENT128, SERPENT192, SERPENT256, SEED, CAMELLIA128, CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
Pubkey: RSA, ECDSA

Syntax: gpgsm [options] [files]
sign, check, encrypt or decrypt using the S/MIME protocol default operation depends on the input data

Commands:

 -s, --sign                       make a signature
     --clearsign                  make a clear text signature
 -b, --detach-sign                make a detached signature
 -e, --encrypt                    encrypt data
 -c, --symmetric                  encryption only with symmetric cipher
 -d, --decrypt                    decrypt data (default)
     --verify                     verify a signature
 -k, --list-keys                  list keys
     --list-external-keys         list external keys
 -K, --list-secret-keys           list secret keys
     --list-chain                 list certificate chain
     --fingerprint                list keys and fingerprints
     --delete-keys                remove keys from the public keyring
     --send-keys                  export keys to a key server
     --recv-keys                  import keys from a key server
     --import                     import certificates
     --export                     export certificates
     --learn-card                 register a smartcard
     --server                     run in server mode
     --call-dirmngr               pass a command to the dirmngr
     --call-protect-tool          invoke gpg-protect-tool
     --passwd                     change a passphrase

 -a, --armor                      create ascii armored output
     --base64                     create base-64 encoded output
     --assume-armor               assume input is in PEM format
     --assume-base64              assume input is in base-64 format
     --assume-binary              assume input is in binary format
 -r, --recipient USER-ID          encrypt for USER-ID
     --prefer-system-dirmngr      use system's dirmngr if available
     --disable-crl-checks         never consult a CRL
     --enable-ocsp                check validity using OCSP
     --include-certs N            number of certificates to include
     --policy-file FILE           take policy information from FILE
     --disable-policy-checks      do not check certificate policies
     --auto-issuer-key-retrieve   fetch missing issuer certificates
 -u, --local-user USER-ID         use USER-ID to sign or decrypt
 -o, --output FILE                write output to FILE
 -v, --verbose                    verbose
 -q, --quiet                      be somewhat more quiet
     --no-tty                     don't use the terminal at all
     --log-file FILE              write a server mode log to FILE
     --audit-log FILE             write an audit log to FILE
 -n, --dry-run                    do not make any changes
     --batch                      batch mode: never ask
     --yes                        assume yes on most questions
     --no                         assume no on most questions
     --keyring FILE               add keyring to the list of keyrings
     --default-key USER-ID        use USER-ID as default secret key
     --keyserver SPEC             use this keyserver to lookup keys
     --options FILE               read options from FILE
     --debug-level LEVEL          set the debugging level to LEVEL
     --status-fd FD               write status info to this FD
     --cipher-algo NAME           use cipher algorithm NAME
     --digest-algo NAME           use message digest algorithm NAME

(See the man page for a complete listing of all commands and options)

Examples:

 -se -r Bob [file]          sign and encrypt for user Bob
 --clearsign [file]         make a clear text signature
 --detach-sign [file]       make a detached signature
 --list-keys [names]        show keys
 --fingerprint [names]      show fingerprints

Please report bugs to <bug-gnupg at gnupg.org>.