[Gpg4win-users-en] Question about cert location on Win 7

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Oct 4 15:00:18 CEST 2012

Hi Janosh,

Am Mittwoch, 29. August 2012 14:24:38 schrieb jji.gmx:
> Currently running into problems to configure another gmail
> account, and it seems hanging only on cert.

as I'm not quite sure: Are you thinking about the
encrypted connection? (That would be an x509 certificated used for the
connection via SSL or TLC between Claws and a gmail server?)
Or a certificate for email end-to-end encryption and signatures?
(These are handled entirely by GnuPG.)

> 1/ there is the change in ending, from <cert> to <crt>.
> 2/ where are the cert located? I find some in:
> - C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Claws-mail\certs
> - C:\Users\xxxx\Application Data\Claws-mail\certs
> - C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG\share\claws-mail
>
> Which one location is valid? When somebody could help me out shortly,
> it will be awesome. Thanx.

As for GnuPG check the value ot 'GNUPGHOME'
or the Registry entry HKCU\SOFTWARE\GNU\GNUPG:HOMEDIR.
or try gpg2.exe --version in cmd.com.