[Gpg4win-users-en] unknown key

Bob Henson oldbob at oldbob.co.uk
Wed Jun 5 16:07:01 CEST 2013

I notice that on an encrypted message sent from one of my a.k.a.s to another
the signature shows up in Kleopatra as a bright green box saying "test:
Signature is valid. Signed on 2013-05-22 11:24 with unknown certificate".
The key listed is an RSA signing subkey for my main key on my keyring and
has full user trust and is self signed - so why is it listed as an unknown
certificate? If this were sent from someone else it would have taken me ages
to work out that it was not an "unknown" key - I would have had to go
through all the keys on my keyring checking the subkeys one by one.

Regards,

Bob