[Gpg4win-users-en] Windows 8 64bit, OpenPGP card: GPA/Kleopatra/gpg-agent hangs

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Mar 13 17:18:35 CET 2013

Am Samstag, 9. März 2013 16:00:34 schrieb Alexander Leidinger:
> > You could try using gpg2.exe directly and see if it works.
>
> Do you have something specific in mind? I tried "gpg2.exe --card-edit"
> and I got the error "selecting openpgp failed: Kartenfehler", so I
> assume I can't detect my card reader. With the answer of Werner to my
> ticket in the bugtracker (sort of "rainer card readers are bad") this is
> fair enough (FYI: there's a GPLed source for pcsc to access the
> rainer card readers, so there may be a way to add support for it...),

Does the same card, card reader and commands work on GNU/Linux? (Or FreeBSD
for that matter?) If not, yet this is better discussed on gnupg-devel
oder gnupg-users with a higher chance of success. ;)

> but at least the sc-daemon should not loop endlessly if it can't find a
> card/reader.

True, the next step would be to qualify the technical report
so that we can reproduce this condition, once we get to spend some
time on it. I cannot say when this is, I just wanted to point out what the
next step would be.

Best Regards,