[Gpg4win-users-en] Problem report: Sign and Encrypt within/inside Windows Explorer

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Fri May 10 11:17:51 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Wednesday 10 April 2013 03:01:44 Ramon Tan wrote:
> I installed ver 2.1.0 to my HP laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium Ed.
> (64 bit).  (April 9, 2013, New York)
>
> I also noticed that Gpg4win installed to the 32-bit directory in C:\Program
> Files\ ...
>
> Everything works perfectly, from email encryption to decryption.
>
> I just cannot find the SIGN and ENCRYPT on the pop-up menu when I
> right-click a file.
>
> I have to goto Kleo's drop down menu to explicitly Sign and Encrypt a
> file(s).
>
> HELP!
This is a known issue, the Explorer plugin currently has no support for 64 bit
versions of Windows. We are working on this and you can expect a release with
that feature ~ August.

> Another bug discovered:  when my friend running BSD Unix sends me his
> public key as attached *.asc file,
> MS Outlook 2007 goes beserk, whether you "Save as", "Copy" or simply click
> into the attachment.  MS Outlook 2007
> Responds with a screen saying it has stopped running and is finding a
> solution to the problem, which it doesn't.
Does this work in general for you and only fails in that one case?

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262 |  http://www.intevation.de/