[Gpg4win-users-en] Gpg4win 2.1.1. beta 197

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue May 28 22:24:42 CEST 2013

On Tue, 28 May 2013 11:29, oldbob at oldbob.co.uk said:

> The corresponding english message is "WARNING: signature digest conflict
> in message"

Oops, ranting about the micalg I forgot to discuss this message.

Frankly, I don't know what is going on.  Without checking the Enigmail
code I can only assume that Enigmail constructs a binary signature from
PGP/MIME by using the micalg.  Although this is a pretty fragile
construct, it works in general - as long as you have enabled all hash
algorithms in the constructed binary.  I am sure that Patrick once
explained it to me but I can't remember the reason right now.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner