[Gpg4win-users-en] Key Problem

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Nov 20 12:24:39 CET 2013

On Sunday 17 November 2013 at 17:50:58, Eric Oliver wrote:
> As you can see from the above picture I have made a bit of a cock up here.
> I have one file showing 0KB and that is the file trying to sign all emails.
> Therefore no emails are being sent, as you can see from OpenPGP Alert.
>
> I would like to delete everything and start again.
>
> Is that possble ?
> If it is how do I do it Please ?

Sure, you could delete the old certificates and start over.
There are several ways how to do this, depending on how much you would want to
delete. For example you could delete your public certificates with Kleo.
Or you can search for the GNUPG directory holding everything and delete it.

> I understand a bit more now about using this.
> I need only one key for each email address ? Yes ?
> Or do I only need on key ?

Have you checked in the Compendium, it is quite useful,
you can reach it from http://gpg4win.org/documentation.html

In short:
Often people use several "uid"s, each with an email address of them
for one certificate/key pair.

So one "key", several email addresses.

> Have also attached same picture.

The picture does not help me much to see what the issue is.
Usually the (public) certificate and the related private "keypart"
are saved within the GNUPG own store (which consists out of folders and files
that look differently).

> Sorry for problems I have caused.
> Thanks for any help and advice.

No problem, thanks for your interested in Gpg4Win!

> Keep Up the Excellent Work

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner