[Gpg4win-users-en] key 0xEC70B1B8 trustable ? Self-signed SSL cert in DANE dnssec ?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Nov 25 09:38:20 CET 2013

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 17:09, bry8star at yahoo.com said:

> Why WK (Werner Koch) has not signed it ?

Because my policy has always been to sign only personal keys and not any
role keys.  I may change this policy in the future, though.

> Why are you not signing your website's DNS with DNSSEC ? (or Why are
> you not placing your site's DNSSEC code in ISC DLV (free) site ? )

I am not convinced that DNSSEC increases the security in this case.  I
might lure the use into false assumptions of a secure website.  The
SHA-1 checksum or, better, the signature is IMHO more safe.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner