[Gpg4win-users-en] [GPG Agent + PuTTY] unable to use PuTTY + gpg-agent + Authentication subkey

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Nov 25 09:48:52 CET 2013

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 13:49, christophe.brocas at cnamts.fr said:

> I just encounter some problems when I plug out/in my usb gemalto token and/or I
> loggout/login.

Yes, I know that there are sometimes problems.  The latest GIT versions
seem to work better.

> I have not yet found an automatic robust solution. For the moment, when I
> encounter problem, I restart *manually* the agent though gpg-connect-agent.exe
> killagent /bye + launch through gpg-connect-agent.exe /bye.

You may restart the scdaemon more easily using:

  gpgconf --reload scdaemon

(or use --kill which is the same for scdaemon).  This first tests that
the scdaemon is already running and thus avoiding to start the scdaemon
only to kill it afterwards.  If you want to kill the gpg-agent

  gpgconf --kill gpg-agent

will do it.  Here you may also use --reload which only reads the
configuration file again and flushes the caches.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner