[Gpg4win-users-en] Kleopatra UI server issues

Oscar Olsson m8585 at abc.se
Thu Nov 28 16:01:15 CET 2013

Hello,

I have recently reinstalled gpg4win after a few years without it, due to
lack of Outlook 2010 support. But I figured I'd give it a try again today.

So, when I try to use gpgOL, then it says that the user interface server
is not available. I assume that it is Kleopatra that runs this server?
Kleopatra itself also complains that the UIserver connectivity test fails.
I have tried to perform the suggested remedy, which is to allow all
connections to 127.0.0.1 - but I still have the same issue.

The error I get is the following:

Could not connect to UIserver: Could not connect to Kleopatra UI server at
C:\longpathremovedbecauseofnocutandpaste\S.uiserver: End of file.

To me, this suggests that the UI server isn't actually using IP for
communication, but rather some kind of flat file based method? Or is it
just to figure out what port it's listening to?

FYI, signing, encrypting and decrypting stuff works just fine from
Kleopatra directly, so it's not an issue with keys or gnupg directly.

//Oscar