[Gpg4win-users-en] [GPG Agent + PuTTY] unable to use PuTTY + gpg-agent + Authentication subkey

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Oct 25 19:28:03 CEST 2013

Hi Christophe,

I know that the use of putty is not very comfortable.  This is mostly
related to the fact that I never use Windows as a client to access my
servers.  Actually I would more love to have a usable sshd on Windows.

I did my tests using a smartcard becuase that is really easy as there is
no need for configuration files.  Another test I did was to use an
existing ssh key from my Unix box:

The keys which are working on Unix are all listed in
~/.gnupg/sshcontrol.  Copy the relevant lines to an sshcontrol file on
Windows ("gpgconf --list-dirs" shows the home/conf directory) and then
copy the file ~/.gnupg/private-keys-v1.d/ABCD...EF.key (The keygrip as
listed in sshcontrol) to the private-keys-v1-v1.d directory on the
Windows box.  Now Putty should be able to connect to any machine you are
able to connect from your Unix account.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner