[Gpg4win-users-en] will it work on a 'Tablt' with Android O/S ?

Blibbet blibbet at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 21:41:09 CET 2013

 > So, if I get a 'Tablet' in the Android O/S, can I put gpg4win on it and
> have the flexibility I have on this old wi-7 system?

Probably not. GPG4Win targets Windows. Android is Linux-based, not
Windows-based. I don't think GPG4Win will work on Android, at least
without some emulation.

For an Android-based tablet, look for Android-based front-ends to GnuPG.
Like the one from the Guardian Project:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.guardianproject.gpg
https://guardianproject.info/code/gnupg/
https://github.com/guardianproject/gnupg-for-android

Or don't use an Android-based tablet, and use a Windows-based one, like
the Microsoft Surface, or another PC OEM device. Use an x86-based one,
not an ARM one, if you want GPG4Win to work. And first check if GPG4win
works on that specific tablet before buying it.