[Gpg4win-users-en] [Gpg4win-devel] Gpg4win uses some gnutls for helpers (no openssl, no heardbleed)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Apr 24 11:20:55 CEST 2014

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 09:33, bernhard at intevation.de said:

> The license of OpenSSL is not compatible with the licenses of GnuPG and
> Gpg4win, this is why gnutls is used.

Well, we use the OpenSSL execption for the GnuPG keyserver helpers which
might be used with a OpenSSL curl version.  So this is not a real
problem for GnuPG.

A technical reason why we don't have any OpenSSL in gpg4win is that I
was not able to build OpenSSL with our cross-building toolchain.  Using
GnuTLS was much easier and the GNUTLS code is far better readable.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner