[Gpg4win-users-en] (no subject)

Bob Henson oldbob at oldbob.co.uk
Fri Aug 29 09:04:39 CEST 2014

I've not been using Outlook 2007 and hence GPG4Win for a while, and I've
just re-joined the mailing list having installed the latest beta 2.2.2. I
notice that an error which existed when I last used GPGOL some time back
still exists, and I wondered if there were plans to fix it? When I receive a
signed message Kleopatra gives me the message "Signature is valid". Clicking
"Show Details" gives me the message "Signed on 2014-08-24 11:01 with unknown
certificate" and the certificate number. The key I used for the test was
certainly known - it was my own fully trusted key, and is on my local
keyring. For some reason the signing key is not recognised as being on the
local keyring. The only way to check a signature is that of the writer is to
check the key number against the 80 plus keys on my keyring one at a time -
completely impractical.

Regards,

Bob