[Gpg4win-users-en] Upgrade dumped keyring files

David Kronlid david at kronlid.net
Wed Dec 3 00:26:24 CET 2014

I import secring.gpg and pubring.gpg in Kleopatra. Trust and other
things I redo manually if needed. I do it this way because I can't
know what changes have been between versions if gpg4win, so as a
safety precaution I use Kleopatra to import everything instead of
copying files and changing things manually in directories. That way I
get a feeling I lower the risk of ending up with non working files
sometime in the future.

The developers however probably have a better way of doing it as they
know what changes they do between versions, so they have more trust in
the software than I do. ;-) I import these two files every time I
switch computer or make a clean install to have the most recent
version of Kleopatra create new key ring files to make it less
probable that old errors keep on living inside my files for years or
decades. Our crypto keys need to survive for decades in good health,
so I don't take any chances.

/David