[Gpg4win-users-en] unknown keyword in gpgsm --gen-key --batch certificate

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jan 7 10:51:48 CET 2014

On Tue,  7 Jan 2014 02:30, cristian.baboi at gmail.com said:
> Your example produced a REQUEST for a certificate.

Sorry, my fault.  I tried it first using my usual version, which is
2.1-beta, and then did it again to show that it also works with 2.0.  I
should have looked at the output more closely.

I am so used to 2.1 that I entirely forgot that this ~3 year old feature
is not available in 2.0.

The upshot is that there is currently no way to do that under Windows.
Under Unix you may use a beta version of 2.1.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner