[Gpg4win-users-en] Subkey management

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Sun Mar 9 00:50:59 CET 2014

After some reading and testing I have found, that all I need to do
is to export my new public key and all new secret subkeys and to
import them on my laptop. The result is a key pair without my main
signing key. The missing main signing key is indicated by "sec#" when
listing my secret keys. In case my laptop should get lost I do not lose
my identity.

Although I have been working now for a long time now with GPG I have
neglected the fantastic possibilities when using subkeys. That is why I
am still a bit unsure on this. Any recommendations on this topic are
greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Peter