[Gpg4win-users-en] Importing Public Key With No User ID

Kent Hurtig kent_hurtig at friends.edu
Thu Oct 30 18:35:22 CET 2014

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for pointing out this option.

Best regards,

Kent

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernhard Reiter [mailto:bernhard at intevation.de]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2014 10:38 AM
To: gpg4win-users-en at wald.intevation.org
Cc: Kent Hurtig; Roger Scales
Subject: Re: [Gpg4win-users-en] Importing Public Key With No User ID

Hi Ken,

On Thursday 30 October 2014 at 15:47:45, Kent Hurtig wrote:
> I received the following message in the dos window, "Note:  signatures
> using the MD5 algorithm are rejected".

see
https://gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg-devel/GPG-Esoteric-Options.html#GPG-Esoteric-Options
section "4.2.6 Doing things one usually doesn't want to do."

"--allow-weak-digest-algos
    Signatures made with the broken MD5 algorithm are normally rejected with an “invalid digest algorithm” message. This option allows the verification of signatures made with such weak algorithms. "

Best Regards,

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998 Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner