[Gpg4win-users-en] How do I prevent dirmngr.exe from starting up and running in the background?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Sep 4 14:17:25 CEST 2014

On Thursday 04 September 2014 at 11:16:40, Andre Heinecke wrote:
> Afaik dirmngr is launched as a service and not on demand as it controls the
> certificate trust decisions regarding S/MIME, a job traditionally
> controlled by the System Administrator and not the user.

Yes!
In the future I know that Werner has changed the role of dirmngr for the
upcoming GnuPG 2.1 series slightly, it also fetches the OpenPGP certificates
and my be started by the user again. We have to see for Gpg4win 2.3 how this
effects the installation.

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner