[Gpg4win-users-en] [Gpg4win-devel] Gpg4win 2.2.2 released

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Thu Sep 4 16:20:48 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Thursday, September 04, 2014 06:41:13 PM Kosuke Kaizuka wrote:
> README.en.txt and versioninfo.txt also say libcrypt is 1.6.1.
> According to packages.current[1], libgcrypt should be 1.6.2.
>
> libassuan also has similar problem.
> It should be 2.1.2, however, README.en.txt and versioninfo.txt say it
> is 2.1.1.

Good catch! We've messed this up. The versioninfo is correct, the built in
version are 1.6.1 and 2.1.1. They were not updated correctly on our build
system.

We talked this over and we do not think that it merits an immediate update as
there were no important changes in those two releases that would affect windows
users.

But we got a report about another Problem though, gpg4win-vanilla now requires
GNUTLS for gpg2-hkp as it uses curl and curl is now linked against GNUTLS to
fix the hkps issue.

Captain Hindsight says:
Should have done a new beta after fixing the curl linkage ;-)

We took the -vanilla variant download link down for now and decided to wait
for a bit more feedback before we do a new minor release addressing those
issues.

Regards,
Andre

--