[Gpg4win-users-en] Unable to Preset Passphrase in GPG Agent

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Apr 14 09:26:32 CEST 2015

Robert,

On Friday 03 April 2015 at 22:34:35, Robert Coscia wrote:
> Unable to Preset Passphrase in GPG Agent

thanks for your report!

> My use case is to run an application that will download an encrypted file
> from a sftp server onto a local server and decrypt it using gpg2 command
> line.  I would like to preset the password so that that the process won't
> require user interaction.

Note that another solution could be to use an empty passphrase.

> I have installed GPG4Win version 2.2.3 on my computer. I generated a new
> key set using Kleopatra application and also imported a secure and public
> key from a certificate.

Two things you could check
* Does it work in the regular way, e.g. manuel decryption via the command line
and pinentry?
* Does the current version 2.2.4 make a difference?

Best,
Bernhard
ps.: Flattr Gpg4win at https://flattr.com/thing/2053326,
     if you appreciate this answer and my work within the Gpg4win Initiative.

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner