[Gpg4win-users-en] gpg4win and Yubikey NEO

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 26 12:08:42 CET 2015

On Friday 23 January 2015 at 17:27:27, Eddie McCreary wrote:
> And have included the log contents below.  The sharing violation and
> 100663404 Card error jump out at me but I've been able to find any
> discussions on how to resolve them.  I've posted this to the Yubikey
> forums but have had no reply.
>
> This same key works under Linux (Debian testing) and OS-X (Yosemite),
> I was able to generate new keys with gpg2 and send it them to the key,
> but I get the above error under Windows 7 64-bit.
>
> I'm running v2.2.3 of gpg4win and the Neo has a firmware 3.2.0.

Thanks for the report, this probably needs some more in depth analysis.

Some initial ideas:
You could compare version numbers of the components of the running (Debian)
and failing (Windows 7) environments to see if there could be an interesting
difference. You could also try with a differen Windows environment. (Maybe xp
32bit if you have access to one).

Best,

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner