[Gpg4win-users-en] Is there a way to operate Gpg via command line portably from a USB stick

L LSmok3 at riseup.net
Wed Jul 8 18:11:50 CEST 2015

Is there a way to use Gpg via windows command line terminal with Gpg
installed on USB stick? No attempt I have made to do this, with Gpg
installed on USB stick and accessible to Thunderbird/Enigmail, has
worked. At best I can nevigate to the Gpg folder, and activate its .exe,
but entering Gpg commands produces only an unknown command response.

On 7/7/2015 9:10 AM, Andre Heinecke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday, July 07, 2015 03:52:51 PM Kent Hurtig wrote:
>> I have created a batch job that encrypts a file using GnuPG
software.  When
>> I run the batch file from the server where the file resides, it runs
>> successfully and encrypts the file.  When I run the batch job through
>> Oracle Enterprise Manager(the software that we schedule our batch jobs
>> through), the task which encrypts the file using gpg encounters several
>> issues.  I have attached the output from this task.
>
> Not serveral issues, Just one:
> gpg: E:\\Test\\ECSI_Perkins_Loan_Test\\TESTbldpromIG.csv: encryption
failed:
> No public key
>
>> I should mention that
>> I previously had the same issue on our old "Media" windows server
>> correct the issue, I changed the gpg command to be more verbose and saw
>> that the process was being ran as the default user and not as user
>> aunt_bee.    I copied the gpg.conf, pubring.gpg, secring.gpg, trustdb.gpg
>> and trust.gpg.lock from C:\Documents and Settings\aunt_bee\Application
>> Data\gunpg to C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application
Data\gnupg
>> on Media, reran the Oracle Enterprise Manager job and it finished
>> successfully.
>
> For encryption gnupg needs to find the public key of the recipient.
This key is
> contained in pubring.gpg.
>
> GnuPG looks for this file by default in %APPDATA%\gnupg
>
> This apperantly expands in your environment to:
> C:/Windows/system32/config/systemprofile/AppData/Roaming/gnupg
>
> To change this you can add --homedir <path_to_gnupg_homedir> and gnupg
will
> then look in that directory for the keyring.
>
> For example:
> -> Create a directory c:\gnupg
> -> Copy the pubring.gpg (and gpg.conf if you have options in there)
into that