[Gpg4win-users-en] Untrused Site Certification

Michael Carbone michael at accessnow.org
Wed Jun 10 14:05:01 CEST 2015

Bernhard Reiter:
> On Wednesday 27 May 2015 at 11:29:11, Werner Koch wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 May 2015 17:40, bernhard at intevation.de said:
>>> We may, but it is not high on our priority list. (Because it is
>>> costly and only adds only a little bit towards
>>
>> That are just 10 Euro a year.  If I buy a certifciate, would you
>> install it?  I have DNS access anyway.
>
> If you are okay with it, we will look into it. (However it will
> probaby take a few days or weeks, the problem is to get
> administration time to change whatever is needed.)

Hi Bernhard,

Please keep us updated on the progress of setting up gpg4win.org with
its own SSL certificate.

This is a significant step forward in verifying gpg4win downloads for
users, and would greatly reduce the obstacles towards users securely
obtaining gpg4win.

Thanks,
Michael

--
Michael Carbone
Manager of Tech Policy & Programs

GPG fingerprint: 2DBE 2014 E7B0 0730 303D 7AAB 99AB 0624 6EEB F5A8