[Gpg4win-users-en] Commonly accepted SSL/TLS certificate for gpg4win websites

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Oct 16 10:10:51 CEST 2015

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 16:04, thomas at intevation.de said:

>   www.gpg4win.org (main address)
>   www.gpg4win.de
>   gpg4win.org
>   gpg4win.de
>   files.gpg4win.org
>   files.gpg4win.de
>
> With a lifetime of three years, this will cost us 640€ for a
> certificate from GeoTrust (see below for why we use GeoTrust).

35 Euro per certificate is pretty expensive, I pay 10 at Gandhi.  You
may also want to wait a few more weeks for the LetsEncrypt initiative.

> The certificate will be installed on the server that currently hosts
>files.gpg4win.org, so downloads from there will immediately become
>trusted without importing Intevation's CA.

As an alternative we could also put the gpg4in files on *.gnupg.org.  I
need to get a larger box anyway - I am too often running out of
diskspace (30 GiB HP RAID)

> - A German reseller that sends us a single invoice for all

As domain owener I already offered to pay for the certs.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner