[Gpg4win-users-en] How to use the portable version of gpg4win?

Sachin Garg sgarg.bugreporter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 05:04:02 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am a bit confused about how the portable version of gpg4win is
supposed to be used.

What i have done:

1) Installed full version of gpg4win
2) Ran mkportable --light --verbose E:\MyGPGPortable

I see that the E:\MyGPGPortable has a large number of files, 3
directories: home/, pub/ and share

3) Then I cd to E:\MyGPGPortable, and try to run: .\gpg.exe

I get the following error:

gpgwrap: executing 'E:\gpg2.exe' failed: No such file or directory

So, now I am confused - whay it it looking at the root directory?

How am I supposed to use the portable version of gpg4win?

Thanks,
Sachin