[Gpg4win-users-en] Trying to get gpg4win working with OpenLDAP as the keyserver

Philip Colmer philip.colmer at linaro.org
Tue Apr 5 17:53:38 CEST 2016

On 5 April 2016 at 15:05, Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 April 2016 at 14:43:36, Philip Colmer wrote:
>> My apologies - 2.3.0
>
> No problem, thanks for trying the beta. :)
>
>> OK. I've installed beta128 and it is still failing, just with
>> different messages now. Again, with debugging on guru level and
>> running "gpg --send-key", I get this output (with my details
>> redacted):
>
> There is a way to enable additional debug output from the keyserver helpers.
> (Check the manual, I don't know it from the top of my head, try on a GNU/Linux
> system first.)

According to gnupg.org, managing keyserver access is now handled via
dirmngr. I've tried following the instructions in the compendium
documentation to enable logging for dirmngr under Windows and I'm not
getting much output. Some, but nothing that would suggest keyserver
access.

I think I've got the actual gpg debugging output as high as it can go.

>> Somewhat curiously, the Linux gpg I was testing that works is version
>> 1.4.16, so older than the test version above that fails. I'll see if I
>> can get a newer gpg for Linux to see if that still works.
>
> Good idea, this helps qualifying the problem report.

I've tested it on Linux with GnuPG 2.0.22 and it works. It is still
possible, I guess, that something broke somewhere leading up to gpg
2.1.11, which is what the beta seems to ship with, so I'll have to see
if I can manually install that version under Linux.

Regards

Philip