[Gpg4win-users-en] gpg-agent/scdaemon error with openpgp v2 card and putty

Alexander Leidinger Alexander at leidinger.net
Fri Apr 8 16:35:32 CEST 2016

Quoting Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at leidinger.net> (from Thu, 07
Apr 2016 18:21:16 +0200):

> Hi,
>
> I have issues with the openpgp-v2-smardcard/putty support of gpg4win 2.3.1.

I re-initialised the card and tried to setup the card from scratch.
Any gpg/gpg2 --card-edit command I tried fails (name/sex). Generating
a key on the card vith pkcs15-tool from the OpenSC project works
without problems. So it looks to me like a generic incompatibility/bug
somewhere in the smard card parts of gpg4win which are responsible for
either writing or PIN-stuff.

Anything I can provide, more verbose logs maybe? If yes, which
verbosity level and which actions shall I execute?

The card reader is a Cherry Model ST-2000.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net Alexander at Leidinger.net: PGP 0xC773696B3BAC17DC