[Gpg4win-users-en] PGP encryption for mailinglist?

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at os3.nl
Tue May 3 16:03:00 CEST 2016

Hi,

> On 03 May 2016, at 15:31, Andre Heinecke <aheinecke at intevation.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 03 May 2016 15:14:44 Jeroen van der Ham wrote:
>> GPG4Win seems to do a pretty good job at handling day-to-day email
>> encryption. But I would also like to use it for a mailinglists where all
>> participants are well-versed in PGP encryption.
>> GPG supports this with the “group” option in gnupg.conf:
>>> group <mail-address>=key-id1 key-id2 key-id3
>>
>> Unfortunately, this option does not seem to work in combination with GpgOL
>
> There is no comfortable way to do this with the UI afaik. You can probably
> encrypt using the Clipboard feature in GPA or Clipboard encryption with
> Kleopatra, a bit ugly to use but at least this will allow you to select
> arbitrary certificates.

Sorry, I did not mean setting this via the UI.
The option is usually set once and does not change very often. Even then, this is usually for advanced users who should be comfortable with this kind of configuration options.

However, this is currently not supported at all by GpgOL. If the group option is set for a known key, then it is only encrypted to that known key, ignoring the group option.

If it is set for an unknown key, GpgOL does not recognise the address and refuses to encrypt.

>> Does anyone have any experience with using GpgOL for mailinglists and/or
>> encrypting to additional keys?
>
> You might be interested in Schleuder [1] which is a Mailing List software
> where you send encrypted messages to and it reencrypts them to the other
> recipients of the mailing list. This would probably the most comfortable
> setup.

Thanks, I’ll look into that.

Jeroen.