[Gpg4win-users-en] Password security issue in Windows PowerShell

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Mon Nov 21 08:44:29 CET 2016

* Matthew Orlando <maorlando at gmail.com> [20161116 21:14]:
>     You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
>     user: "Matthew Orlando <maorlando at gmail.com>"
>     2048-bit RSA key, ID 5EE7763D, created 2016-09-30 (main key ID BAA8DA4C)
>     _
>
> By all appearances, blinking cursor included, it looks like it's asking
> you to enter the password on the console.

What would be your preferred solution?

My first idea would be something similar to what I have seen on some
ATMs or ticket machines: When the PIN needs to be entered on a
separate PIN pad, the main/touch screen shows something like: "Enter
your PIN on the numeric pad"

Regards,
Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998