[Gpg4win-users-en] Sign & Encrypt File

David Koch dnlkoch at verizon.net
Tue Dec 5 21:51:39 CET 2017

With v.3.00 and v.3.01 I discovered my correspondents could no longer
decrypt my encrypted files.  We found that v.3+ automatically checks the
Sign box, whereas v.2+ did not.  When using v.2+ my files were encrypted
but not signed, and could be decrypted by correspondents.  Using v.3+ my
files were "signed & encrypted", but could not be decrypted by
correspondents. Obviously, I do not understand the process very well.
Can someone explain why someone, whose public key I used, cannot decrypt
a file encrypted to them if I use "Sign & Encrypt" instead of "Encrypt"
only?