[Gpg4win-users-en] Installation issues WinPT

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Mon Jul 24 09:24:31 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Sunday, July 23, 2017 2:47:29 PM CEST Lonnie Lamb wrote:
> I can't get this to install. Keeps saying "trying to shut down a possible
> running instance of WinPT. Can someone please help????

If there is an extremly old version of gpg4win installed (which contained
winpt) the old installer tries to call winpt --stop. This might hang and cause
your problems.

You have several options to fix this.
a) Go Into the Gpg4win Installation folder and uninstall the old version. If
this does not work: Delete the directory.
b) Install into a different directory.
c) Try the upcoming 3.0 version https://wiki.gnupg.org/Gpg4win/Testversions
which no longer checks for WinPT.

Regards,