[Gpg4win-users-en] GPGTar in GPG4Win 3.1.1 and GnuPG 2.2.7 CLI

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Mon May 7 09:15:47 CEST 2018

Hi,

On Friday, May 4, 2018 10:21:50 PM CEST GnuPG-User at juinio.net wrote:
> 4) even when I changed the command to encrypt-sign to me (superfluous given
> my use for the file and where it will be stored), I keep getting a "skipping
> invalid file" error and all I get is a 1KB output file

What you are doing should be possible, maybe adding --verbose to the command
line can point you in the direction which file it thinks is "invalid". There is
a known issue with Unicode filenames containing special characters that can not
be represented in 8 bit encoding.

> 5) as a last resort, I used Kleopatra to do a full encrpt-sign, it would
> crash Kleopatra with a peculiar Microsoft Runtime Library error dialog box
> that has no label on the interactive button nor any explanatory message

Interesting, any crash in Kleopatra should of course be fixed. It would be
great if you could identify which file causes this and we can maybe figure out
why gpgtar thinks this file is invalid.

> Is this one of those PIC errors in which there is a syntax error in my use
> of CLI or is there a limit to what can be TAR-red?

Skipping Invalid file sounds to me like an error in the gpgtar program /
something not properly handled in there and not like a command line syntax
error.

Best Regards,
Andre

--