[Gpg4win-users-en] Checking signatures in emails on Windows 10

Gerard Seibert gerard_seibert at outlook.com
Wed Oct 9 13:42:04 CEST 2019

I am running Windows 10 with the latest version of GPG4Win. I have my
MUA, "claws-mail" configured to use GPG4Win to check email signatures.
This usually works fine. However, for some unknown reason, it fails
with certain signatures.

AS an example, I have saved two emails from Microsoft that display the
problem I am having.

The first one resolved fine. I get a message in claws-mail that the
signature is good.

https://seibercom.net/logs/Good_Sig

The second one causes claws-mail to emit a message that the signature
cannot be checked.

https://seibercom.net/logs/Bad_Sig

This does not make sense. It is the same signature. I am hoping that
someone can enlighten me as to what the problem is.

--
Gerard