[Gpg4win-users-en] gpgol change the name of the attached signed file

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 20 14:23:32 CET 2020

Hello Erick,

Am Samstag 18 Januar 2020 03:36:08 schrieb Erick Perez:
> I'm running gpg4win 3.1.11 with GPGOL 2.4.4 in Outlook 2019.
>
> When I sign an email in outlook the file OpenPGP-digital-signature.asc
> is properly appended. But I wonder if I can change via a registry
> setting or GPGOL parameter the name to something like myname.asc

in the current version you cannot, the name is fixed.
If you can present a compelling use case, it may make sense to add
a wish to dev.gnupg.org.

Technical reference,
the code in questions should be
https://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=gpgol.git;a=blob;f=src/cryptcontroller.cpp;h=105538b9b5ed59b6faf85dc29e15578568e0667a;hb=HEAD#l969
where OPENPGP_SIG_NAME is defined as c macro here
https://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=gpgol.git;a=blob;f=src/mimemaker.h;h=c592f5aac2c86b5524f554ef9ab310e3c7b5767a;hb=HEAD#l35

Best Regards,