[Gpg4win-users-en] Continuously Encrypt a Dynamic Data

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Feb 26 08:36:43 CET 2021

Dear Paul,

Am Donnerstag 25 Februar 2021 16:01:01 schrieb Paul Valery Simo:
> I have a folder that is constantly updated with new files on my server. The
> folder is copied by someone on a daily basis via SSH (The SSH server is
> hosted on Windows Server).
> How do I set up Kleopatra to constantly encrypt the folder while the folder
> is being updated with new files?

you would want automation that is triggered when new files arrive.
Kleopatra features a graphical user interface, so it is not suited for this
kind of automation.

Use the command line programs availalbe with Gpg4win, e.g. gpg
for encrypting as OpenPGP.

Now you need a way to script your server to execute such a command
each time a new file arrives. To avoid one possible pitfall:
https://wiki.gnupg.org/TroubleShooting#Windows_.3E_8_and_Server_2012_Task_Scheduler_Problems
Otherwise you need to find a way to run a windows script on each new file
or you seperate the incoming files and the outgoing files by using two
directories and use the task scheduler to regularily copy and encrypt them
over.

Is this helpful to you?

Best,