[Gpg4win-users-en] "Certificate expired" still happens after GnuPG is updated to 2.2.32

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Oct 20 10:13:54 CEST 2021

Dear Yasuhiro,

Am Dienstag 19 Oktober 2021 18:06:54 schrieb Yasuhiro Kimura:
> According to it I downloaded gnupg-w32-2.2.32_20211006.exe and
> installed it over Gpg4win 3.1.16.

> But `gpg --search-keys` still results in "Certificate expired".

thanks for reporting that you are still having problems!
And sorry for this, we need to find out more
what is going in your situation in detail.

Things you can try or check:
 * The service process "dirmngr" needs to be restartet after
   the install. If that did not work, can you try to manually
   restart it? [1]

 * Add a "--verbose" to the command line call and tell me,
   which keyserver you are using.

 * Add a "verbose" and a "log-file" to the dirmngr options.
   Usually that file is at AppData\Roadmin\gnupg\dirmngr.conf .
   Use an editor like notepad to add something like
     verbose
     log-file c:\users\youruser\dirmngr-log.txt
  to the end of dirmngr.conf and restart dirmngr [1].

This is the analysis step.
Note one idea is that it maybe possible that your system storage (in windows)
still needs to get the new Let's encrypt certificate.

[1] To restart dirmngr:
Just stop the running dirmgnr, it will restart automatically
when needed. You could ether
 * use "gpgconf --kill dirmngr" on the command line
 * use the task manager -> Details to end dirmngr.
 * restart the Windows operating system

Best Regards,