[Gpg4win-users-en] Changing the encryption algorithm used for PGP/GPG private key

Daniel Colquitt hello at danielcolquitt.com
Mon Feb 14 10:28:47 CET 2022

Thank you for the prompt response, Bernhard.

Inspecting the contents of $GNUPGHOME/private-keys-v1.d/ shows files with the following lines

> (protected openpgp-s2k3-ocb-aes ((sha1 ...

This would suggest that the keys are still being stored with AES-128 and hashed with SHA1. Would this question still be best addressed to gnupg-users@?

Yours,
Dan