[Gpg4win-users-en] keys.openpgp.org server certificate expired?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jan 19 17:56:53 CET 2022

Hi Xi Shen,

Am Mittwoch 19 Januar 2022 10:57:17 schrieb Xi Shen:
> I am using gpg4win-4.0.0 on my Windows 11 x64. I also have WSL 2 installed.
>
> In my WSL, I can search keys on keys.openpgp.org and find my keys, but if I
> do it from a Windows command terminal, I will get a certificate expired
> error.

thanks for asking!
It is not yet clear what maybe the problem.

In the German forum somebody stopped dirmngr and started it manually like
  dirmngr --ignore-cert 48504E974C0DAC5B5CD476C8202274B24C8C7172 --daemon
and then got it to work [1]

Can you try this?

The differences between WSL and Gpg4win probably are that different
certificates are in the Windows certificate store and I (wildly) guess that
the WSL version does not check the Windows certificate store.
(How did you install gnupg there, btw?)

Best Regards,
Bernhard

[1] Post from the 2022-01-06 in (German)
https://wald.intevation.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2361&forum_id=84&group_id=11