[Gpg4win-users-en] Outlook crashes when GPG-OL plugin is enabled and I attempt to forward specific emails

Ulf Bremer ulf.bremer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 12:36:33 CET 2023

 Hi,

the crash:

Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 16.0.16026.20146, time
stamp: 0x63cf6f2f
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.19041.546, time stamp:
0x564f9f39
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000005d2f1
Faulting process id: 0xa92c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d9360b8effc652
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcrt.dll
Report Id: 8650a025-2b3d-4f07-86c1-d23434f5a64e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

GPG4win version 4.1.0

The crash happens when I attempt to forward an email directly after I added
the first recipient in the to: field. (incoming email is neither signed nor
encrypted, forwarded email is also not set to be signed and/or encrypted).

Outlook was reinstalled, sfc and dcim run to rule out Outlook or Windows
issues. As soon as I disable GPG-OL the issue is not observed anymore.

Suggestions, evidence needed, ...?

Thanks

Ulf